A Cemetery for Pets and their Masters
A First in Canada!
Masters and Companions is the only cemetery offering a pet burial service where ashes and/or animal remains may be buried alongside the ashes or remains of the pet’s masters in the same plot.
Thanks to Masters and Companions, it is now possible to show your attachment and gratitude to your precious companions by offering them eternal rest in a respectful environment surrounded by beautiful gardens.
UPDATE ON PREVENTIVE MEASURES IN THE CONTEXT OF THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC - JANUARY 9, 2021
Following the recommendations of Quebec Public Health and in accordance with the list of essential service companies issued by the Government of Quebec, the Laval Cemetery has adopted the following measures:
- The mausoleums and the access to the main road inside the cemetery are open everyday to the public from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wearing a mask is mandatory and the 2-meter social distanciation rule must be respected everywhere and at all times.
- The entombment, niche and plot burials are made by appointment. Only a limited number of people chosen by the family members can accompany the funeral director (maximum 25 people).
- The administrative office is available from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. by phone (450) 661-7017.
- The annual laying of flowers is suspended for this year.
- The crematorium remains operational.
All of these measures are in effect now, until further notice.
We thank you for your understanding and your cooperation.
A death occurs, what should I do?
We are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day to accompany you through these difficult times.
Contact us without delay, and we will help you choose what best suits your needs.
You can consult the site to guide your decision and contact us to discuss it.
You will be listened to, comforted, and supported regardless of your decision.
Masters and Companions is located in a traditional and perpetual cemetery.
Your pet will be treated with respect and with the highest standards of funeral service.
If you would like, we will take care of the transport of your pet.
The Cemetery Sections
Sections Designed to Receive Ashes:
Masters and Companions: allows for the urns of masters and their companions to be buried in the same plot… unique in Canada!
Companions’ Park: laid out along the edges of the grove to receive ashes of all domestic animals.
Feline: dedicated to feline ashes and landscaped around a ruby red granite obelisk.
Canine: dedicated to canine ashes and laid out around a sculpture created by Québec artist DeLeclerc, named Totem Méditatif (Meditative Totem).
Bella: these future plots are reserved for human or animal ashes, and you will be able to choose the desired location on the site.
Peace Columbarium: laid out on the banks of a stream.
Sections Designed to Receive the Remains:
Diapason: dedicated to traditional burial in the ground of domestic animal remains.
Harmony: allows for the masters and their companions to be buried in the same plot.